Here’s a fun little Instagram tag I completed recently. 15 random things you may not know about me.
1. I am a California girl born and raised.
2. I will be getting married this September to my fiance, whom I have been with for 9 and a half years.
3. Soccer is and always will be my one true (fitness) love. I played and coached soccer for over 20 years.
4. I have dislocated my right knee over 13 times. I am currently 4 years dislocation free, triathlon training has really helped strengthen my knee tracking.
5. I am a major clutz. I often have bruises and little scratches all over me and it’s 100% because I am careless and not mindful when I move.
6. Amazingly I have never broken a bone. (Luck of the Irish-ish)
7. I am a true American mutt. My heritage includes Irish, Salvadorian, Native America, Belgian, Portugese, French, Scottish and many others.
8. I run my own business and work from home. The freedom this has given me in my daily life is priceless.
9. My only child is covered in fur and meows a lot.
10. Hiking and camping are my favorite summer time activities and if I’m being honest Ironman training has really put a damper on this.
11. After I complete my full, I will most likely be sticking to half Irons and focusing on improving my speed in sprints and olys over the next year. I’ve found that I love the half iron distance and it doesn’t require an insane amount of training. Life balance is much easier to attain. Fulls will probably only occur every few years from here on out.
12. I love playing in the dirt. I want a bigger plot of land, so I can maintain a large garden and have a few chickens and maybe goats.
13. My next house will have a large pond, even if I have to dig it myself.
14. I am a major nerd and watch anime pretty much every day. In high school I was obsessed with Lord of the Rings.
15. I am a big DIY-er and a firm believer that anything and everything can be learned with the power of the Internet. Never in the history of man have we had so much information at our fingertips and I absolutely LOVE it.